Standup Paddle Boards
Our standup paddle boarding adventure starts from the Beach Pavilion and last about one and half to two hours. Our calm bay with minimal waves is ideal for paddle boarding. Our paddle boarding area starts from our sandy beach that gently slopes out into the turquoise ocean. The soft sand bottom makes the paddle boarding ideal for beginners and seniors. Our Guide starts you off by teaching you the basics on the beach. Those who are new to this sport will be taught to start on the paddle boards on their knees. Most first timers are able to stand up and paddle board within the hour. Our paddle boarding area in the ocean spans the entire length of our private beach and is bounded by a shallow reef about a hundred yards from shore. Our experienced paddle boarders are able to get test their skills by crisscrossing the entire 2km stretch. For the group of expert paddle boarders we have an alternate adventure of starting from the Beach Pavilion and heading west in the ocean to our pristine Picadosa Lagoon, navigating the lagoon through mangrove waterways, and then returning back by paddle boarding east in the ocean.
⇣ Safety Instructions
- You must be a competent swimmer to at least be able to get swim to board and get back on the board. YOU CANNOT PARTICIPATE IN PADDLE BOARD ACTIVITY IF YOU DO NOT KNOW HOW TO SWIM!!
- Life Vest must be worn at all times.
- Ankle Leash to Board must be worn at all times.
- Boards and Paddles come in various sizes. Your Guide will help you select the Board and Paddle that is correct for your height and weight.
- It is important that you apply insect repellent to all exposed parts of your body. We recommend that you wear a T-Shirt (even long sleeves shirt) for this activity.
- Apply sun tan lotion before you leave the Beach Pavilion. You are going to get burned if you’re not careful.
- Be defensive to avoid accidents. Don’t go where you aren’t supposed to be and avoid other swimmers, boaters, paddle boarders. Be watchful of where others are paddle boarding and stay out of their path. Do don’t try to run into or push others off their paddle board.
- Must stay within bounds indicated by Guide from beach (i.e. do not go far out into the ocean). Must never go past the reef where waves break.
- Do not ride the Paddle Board into the shore. The Paddle Boards have fins that will break if they are run aground and you will responsible for the cost of the replacement fins.
- Paddle Boards are very fragile and the shell will crack even if just dropped a few inches on the ground. Please handle the boards very carefully. If you crack a paddle board by dropping on hard surface, you will be responsible for the replacement cost.
- Stay within sight of Guide and listen to instructions of Guide
- Be aware of weather conditions and water temperature. Be aware of off-shore winds and water currents that make it difficult to return to shore.
- Stay hydrated. Drink water prior to the activity.
- Our Guide carries First Aid Kit and EpiPen and we have CPR training staff available on call. Our Guide can radio to bring motor boat for rescue.
- If the paddle board flips over or your fall off the board and are not able to get back on the boat, stay calm and wait for instructions from your Guide.
- If you feel ill, stop immediately and call for the Guide to assist you.
- If you get hurt, stop immediately and call your Guide for assistance.
- Never mix alcohol or drugs (prescription or non-prescription) with this activity.
Like what you see?
Book an adventure of a lifetime at DR EcoAdventures today!
ABOUT DR ECOADVENTURES
DR EcoAdventures is a 100% eco-friendly and green adventure resort in the Dominican Republic. We offer guided eco tours such as: kayaking, nature walks, row boating, horseback riding and more! Discover over 600 acres of trails, lagoons, flauna and flora, all with a private beach.
“Really enjoyed horseback riding, paddle boarding and the Dominican lunch. Grounds are peaceful and beautiful. Staff is amazing, very friendly. Can’t wait to go back!”
“So glad we finally have a place with excellent facilities and fun, diverse activities in the area! What we were waiting for, to offer our clients.”